Sunday, April 25, 2010

Arts & Entertainment: Poetry Feature - Richelle Turner

You'll find alot of mind-expanding things here... I want to introduce (or re-accquaint) you with some different forms of expression...

Which brings me to our next feature... Richelle Turner. Richelle's an amazing budding new talent... but who better to tell you about her than... you guessed it... HER! In her own words:

Well, what can I say? I’m Richelle Turner, 28 years old, born and raised in the city of New Orleans, LA. I have spent most of adult life running from it, but always have been drawn back to it “My City My Home” ( Song By Casme’ Barnes).

All my poems come from the heart, because that is the only place that holds the truth of a person. Never been one to share myself with others on this level but here I am. I’m currently on the move again from Tennessee to Northern Louisiana. If you want real truth that is what I provide I have a voice that is totally uninhibited.

You can check out one of her new pieces below... and  find out more about her on her facebook page... (http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100000125087806&ref=ts)


Hum Drum

Long short what is life suppose to be
I know that in recent times life has been hell for me
I make what I feel are informed decisions
on what life should be
Then I turn around
and I am facing a disastrous scene
I drink more or less everyday
My love feels it’s too much,
but the concerns my mind pushes away
This life what is life,
other that entertainment for those in the sky
A constant reality show that I live with no payment, no wonder people are always high
Reality is so dry who wants to live here anyway
Hum drum existences
that become second nature by default
I’m trying to still figure out how to get to all the money in that imaginary vault
That someone has!
Pass me something
cause I’m bout to straight spazz
I need relief
like the victims of many disasters
Give me strength oh Lord,
so I can make it to life we are promised ever after
We go though this bull shit
Good days are promised,
but look what we really get
Am I mad hell yeah,
with no one but myself
I can’t blame anyone,
cause I didn’t take advantage of the countries wealth
of education!
That was my bad
I didn’t take advantage,
of all that my youth offered and had
No one to blame,
but the one I see everyday and night in the mirror
But what do I tell myself,
cause I don’t want to hear that shit,
so I will drink til the picture becomes more clearer
Deep reflection in my inebriated state,
visions of the life think I have here
my love gets pissed cause my mouth is running, reckless the tip of the iceberg is near
Then I wake up and see the destruction from my past how do I get this hum Drum existence,
out of my cipher and with a sober mind make some real shit last
I don’t know I’m still in doubt,
and when I find the answers to life eternally questions,
I will type it up and pass that shit out
But until then Hum Drum it will be,
stuck in this dry ass messed up reality
Life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment