Saturday, April 10, 2010

Aye Neek # 1 - So over it

Aye Neek,

I am so over it. I am a 27 year old woman with no kids and I have just realized that I have given a complete loser the past 3 years of my life. During our relationship, my 30 year old boyfriend belittled me in front of other people, nitpicked at every little thing that I did, laughed at me and called me a fatty. I am 5’6” and weigh 145 pounds.

The last straw was on Valentine’s Day. We went out on a double date with our best friends who also date. When the time came for us to exchange gifts, I opened my bag only to find a can of Slim Fast, a Pussycat Dolls Exercise DVD, and a card that said, “Cuz I love you.” I walked out and left him at the restaurant and had his best friend bring him home and haven’t called him or answered his calls yet.

I don’t know what to do. Should I give him another chance? He says that he’s sorry and I know that he had a rough childhood and uses this as a defense. He calls, emails and texts me all day.

Signed,

So Over It in So. Cal.



Dear So over it,

The biggest mistake that anyone can make is to second guess their first mind.

Come on! 5’ 6” – 145 lbs?? I know people who would kill for that! But the issue is not your physical. It’s your mental. The appreciation of self needs to manifest so that you can attract the person meant for you. You said in three years, he belittled you, laughs at you, and degrades you in front of others. That’s not healthy. And the fact that he had a rough childhood does not mean he can make your adult life a living hell. If you want to teach him anything about his “rough childhood”, you need to show him that he cannot go through his adult life treating people the same way and expect them to stay around.

So, my advice? Be over it.

Peace and blessings,
~neek

1 comment:

  1. Your Ex seriously has issues...because I am 5'6 145lbs and I know you look good. Stay away from him....he has low self esteem and a potential abuser. Thats how they are...they start off with the mental. He is a loser and you dont need him!

    Jonnika

    ReplyDelete